I do have one shrub in bloom right now and that is my dwarf golden Arborvitae. The lavender edges of the blooms against the golden green cypress are so pretty.
Tuesday, February 15
February Blooms
This month's Garden Bloggers Blooms Day finds my garden in transition. I don't really have anything new in bloom since last month's post. Lots of promises of blooms - the daffodils and tulips are pushing through the ground and with the sun we have been getting lately, they should be blooming soon. My ranunculus are starting to show their ruffly leaves as well.
I do have one shrub in bloom right now and that is my dwarf golden Arborvitae. The lavender edges of the blooms against the golden green cypress are so pretty.
Please visit May Dreams Gardens to see what is blooming in other bloggers' gardens.
I do have one shrub in bloom right now and that is my dwarf golden Arborvitae. The lavender edges of the blooms against the golden green cypress are so pretty.
Labels:
Garden Bloggers Blooms Day,
gardening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well.. I just learned something.. that there is a variety of arborvite that blooms! What an interesting looking flower! Thanks for sharing, Elaine!
ReplyDeleteWhat unusual flowers - I like them though.
ReplyDeleteI will be now looking up Arborvite...! Mmmm signs of Spring is in the air here too.
ReplyDeleteHow pretty! I, too, like the lavender edges.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know it would bloom. I have hellibores that are in bloom and daffodils in lower elevations are also blooming. Nothing else though. Spring, is still a bit away. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteI had a dward gold arborv. I think....? But it never bloomed! How wonderful... maybe I should look into getting another one! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an unusual bloom. Thank you for drawing attention to it, I need to look closer next time...
ReplyDeletealoha,
ReplyDeletewow, thats news to me also, no idea they had blooms on these-very interesting :)
Beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteHere in Vancouver, I'm just starting to think about cleaning up the yard in preparation for spring. The weather is getting better and the early flowers are blooming.
Thanks for sharing this unique looking flower. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize there were any that bloomed. Interesting and actually pretty.
ReplyDeleteCher
Goldenray Yorkies