Monday, September 5

The Seven Links Game

Kathy, from Bakeaway with Me, tagged me to play the game of seven links where you link to seven of your posts and then tag five other bloggers to play the game. Getting to know Kathy through her blog has been such a pleasure for me and I am always learning about a new ingredient or food from her. I hope you will stop by and visit her and you will see what I am talking about.

So here are my seven links:

1.  My most beautiful post was probably the Malted Crisp Tart.


This is from BAKED Explorations and though it took some time to make and had quite a few steps, it was worth it. 

2.  My most popular post was the Savory Cheese and Chive Bread.


This is Dorie Greenspan's recipe and I received the most comments on this post than any other. I made the bread into small muffins and actually had them again for this last Friday's post with the Corn Soup.

3.  My most controversial post was probably the Pumpkin-Gorgonzola Flans.


This recipe was in the French Fridays with Dorie cookalong and it was one of those recipes that everyone either loved or hated. My family didn't like this one at all, although it was one of the prettiest Dorie recipes that I have made. 

4.  My most helpful post was a difficult one to choose because I don't know that any of the recipes I have posted have been actually helpful to anyone, but the one that I posted recently on the Roasted Banana Paletas I thought was the most educational because most everyone who commented had never heard of paletas before, so I felt that those who read the post learned something new and that made me feel really good.


5. My post that was most surprisingly successful was the post on the éclairs. I was really intimidated about making these because they have always been a special treat of mine when I go to the bakery, so I was really happy when they turned out so well.


6.  My post that did not get the attention it deserved was my momma's cheesecake. My mom lovingly made this cheesecake recipe for my dad and it was his favorite and is mine. 


7. The post I'm most proudest of has to be the Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux. Although the translation of this is Roast Chicken for Lazy People, it was such a different way for me to roast a chicken and I was so thrilled with the results. I was so pleased with how it was just a perfect golden color when I took it out of the oven and all the vegetables were crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. Anyway, I was so proud of putting this dish on the table that night and my husband's reaction just made me feel proud and happy. It truly was a memorable meal.


Thank you so much, Kathy, for tagging me to play this game. It gave me an opportunity to reflect back on the baking and cooking that I have posted about over the last few years and brought back wonderful memories. It's hard to believe that I have been a member of French Fridays with Dorie and BAKED Sunday Mornings for almost a year. Even though I have been cooking and baking for nearly all my life (since I was 5 and was my mom's sou chef) I feel like my skills have improved since joining these groups, not only from the recipes from the cookbooks, Around My French Table and BAKED Explorations, but also from all the wonderful new friends I have made from both groups. I have learned so much from each of you and the creativity of everyone is so motivating to me. It has been such a delight to cook and bake along with some of the most wonderful people in the blog world. 

Now I am supposed to 'tag' 5 people to play the game:

Karen from From Scratch
Teresa from One Wet Foot
Candy from Candy Girl

17 comments:

  1. A nice set of posts! It's a great way to intorduce us to the things we have missed. I adore cheesecake myself so I will have to remember this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Cheesecake looks wonderful! I am going to have to try it and the roast chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for the tag - I'm off to work on my post now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me, Elaine. I have been on a break from blogging, but I am hoping to jump back in later today! Playing this game will be a good way for me to reflect back on past posts and get inspired! It was fun to see a few of your posts that I missed the first time around.

    P.S. I made the banana paletas this weekend and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I remember those savory flans. I was definitely in the "not" group. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great posts, I was not familiar with some of them. Malted Crisp Tart looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful posts, Elaine! It must have been interesting to go through all your posts and choose the posts for each category. Thanks for the tag, I'll try and work something up for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on your seven links...I will have to try your cheesecake...it looks so creamy and I love cheesecake! And your Malted Crisp Tart is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love eclairs, and yours looks fantastic!! Nice selection of old posts.. Really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this game helps us all review some of your best posts!! Gosh, I'd forgotten about a couple of the older Dorie dishes...we've had a lot of winners, haven't we? I'm probably not ever making the pumpkin gorgonzola flans again either :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tag! I've never tried eclairs, but I've always wanted to. Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, Elaine!

    I missed making the Malted Crisp Tart because I joined the group after you all made it, but looking at your photo, I need to find the time for it!

    I agree - belonging to these groups is not only fun, it's made me a better cook. And the mutual support is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these posts - it is great to look on all the amazing creations of the past. And I love that malted tart...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I've so enjoyed the 7 links game. Its been great to see everyone's choices and catch up on posts that are not to be missed. That cheesecake looks absolutely delicious, I can see why your Dad requested it! I'm craving cheesecake big time now. :) The malt cake and the chive biscuits are beautiful-- all lovely choices-- I want to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful links Elaine! I have really enjoyed meeting you and following your blog :-). I'm off to check out your cheesecake recipe and that malted tart looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As often as I've flipped through Dorie's cookbook, I still see new recipes to try. I think the savory cheese and chive bread looks amazing! Oh, and there's nothing better than roast chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time visiting your blog and I really enjoyed this post! I smiled at the part about cooking all your life and being your mom's sous chef. I hope my children feel the same way when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.