Sunday, May 1

Handcrafted Gifts


Have you used a spurtle or a muddler? The spurtle is used to stir sauces, soups, stews, and oatmeal. The muddler is used to mash herbs and spices in a glass or bowl to release their flavor. I love these handcrafted ones over at Jane's new online shop, Coterie. One or both would make a perfect Mother's Day gift, or a 'just because' gift. While you are visiting Jane's shop, check out the rest of her wonderful selection of handcrafted items.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely to see such handcrafted items which will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful kitchen trinkets. I have the muddler but not the spurtle. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful. I've never even heard of a spurtle, let alone used one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few muddlers already but never heard of a spurtle. That is novel. These look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of a muddler, but never a spurtle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own a muddler, but the wooden one is SO much nicer! Off to check your link~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so lovely! They seem like something you'd find in a tiny cottage in Northern Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cool! I have a muddler…never knew what it was called! I will check out this web site. I love hand crafted things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I've never heard of a spurtle! I have loved reading your blog and "chatting" with you so I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger award. Here are the details: http://www.ryanbakes.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.