We are extremely fortunate to have a wonderful flea market in Sacramento. The Sacramento Antique Faire is held the second Sunday of each month under the freeway on 21st between W and X Streets in Downtown Sacramento. We go there quite often each year, but this time I brought my camera along with me.
Hundreds of antique and collectible dealers come here from all over Northern California. Many of the dealers also go to the Alameda Flea Market, so it is wonderful that we can see their wares without traveling very far.
It was an extremely cold day and I felt for the dealers who were all bundled up trying to keep warm. I have so much respect for them because it is not an easy job that they have and they have to arrive so early in the morning in order to unpack and set up before customers start arriving.
I really enjoyed walking around taking photos, and had even more fun once the sun came out. I put my camera away and pulled out my iPhone. The photos following were taken with the Hipstamatic app, Kaimal Mark II lens, Pistil film.
After the grey and dreary last few days, it was heaven to get outdoors, walk around, and spend time taking photos and antiquing - two of my very favorite pastimes. I also met and talked with some really fun and interesting vendors. It was just a perfect Sunday.












It looks like a great place to wander through for the day! I love antique/flea markets.. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
ReplyDeleteNow this is my kind of place - a shame that it is so far away!
ReplyDeleteI would love to spend a day at one of these! I loved the valentines and the decorative handles/pulls! What a great place to spend a sunny (cold) afternoon!!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a delightful fair! I really like the box of spice tins... I think I'd be tempted to get some off those if I could think of uses for them.
ReplyDeleteOhh I'm so jealous...your photos are lovely and give a real feel for the flea market. I feel a road trip this spring is in the works !
ReplyDeleteLovely images... it looks like you had a great day out!
ReplyDeleteLove those spices tins Elaine....
ReplyDeletewhats cooking at your place I wonder?
S